1. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
1.1 Personal Data which Hotel Maya collects includes:
- any information collected or obtained either from you or someone else whom you are making a booking for or traveling with ("third party"), that is, information that can identify you or such third party, including without limitation full name, national registration identity card, passport number, contact information, home address, date of birth, preferred manner of address when in communication with Hotel Maya, spouse name, spouse contact details home address, date-of-birth, occupation, business address, job designation, financial information and any other personal information provided to Hotel Maya. Financial information includes without limitation, billing address, credit card number, credit card expiration date including 3 digit code that appears on the back of your credit card, financial institution account details and tracking information from cheques or money orders.
- any booking made by you or through any other party authorized by you through whatsoever means including such as when registering online via this Website;
- the content of electronic forms or physical forms that submitted by you or through any other party authorized by you either directly or via any communication method requesting us to provide services, accommodation or information;
- information submitted if you participate in our survey or competition through any communication method;
- any messages, comments or feedback you submit either personally to us or via this Website, which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number; and
- personal information collected when you submit your resume or application to us for consideration of employment.
2. CONSENT AND PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
- fulfilling contractual obligations in delivering our services and/or fulfilling your instructions and providing you with services under any of Hotel Maya's businesses;
- processing application to book any of the services offered by Hotel Maya and/or to purchase any of our products and/or services;
- marketing of products and/or services and sending any newsletter, advertising and/or promotional material to you via any communication method including without limitation telephone calls, short message services, postal service, emails or if you have checked the consent box in submitting your reservation on this Website;
- performing statistical and analysis of your interest in and use of the various sections of this Website;
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of Hotel Maya's business and/or this Website;
- where required by law or where we consider that such use or disclosure is necessary to respond to any claims or legal process, or where Hotel Maya suspects that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law;
- where you have provided your resume, considering you for any jobs that may arise in Hotel Maya, and if applicable your terms and conditions of employment; and
- carrying out studies to monitor Hotel Maya's recruitment initiatives.
2.2 Please note that in the event that sufficient personal data is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to Hotel Maya then your application or request to Hotel Maya for any of the above purposes under clause 2.1 may not be accepted or acted upon.
3.1 You further consent that personal data may be disclosed and transferred within Hotel Maya which may include transfer to other parts of Hotel Maya businesses in different jurisdictions. Other than to those individuals and entities listed in clause 3.2, you personal data will not be revealed by Hotel Maya to any external body, unless we have your permission, or in some cases, to disclose information to governmental or other regulatory authorities for the prevention or detection of crime, or for the purpose of investigations or for compliance with any other law or an order of court. In that event, we may be precluded from seeking your consent to notify and/or from informing you that notification has been made.
3.2 The personal data provided by you may be disclosed by Hotel Maya to:
- Other companies or businesses related to Hotel Maya
- Hotel Maya's Travel and Tour Agents, Promoters acting on our behalf
- Any relevant financial institutions
- Credit Reference Agencies
- Third Party Service Providers for Hotel Maya's operational, administration and development requirements (including without limitation management of this Website),
- Auditors, lawyers, professional advisory service providers, debt collectors, bankers, advertising companies, recruitment agencies, researchers, utility and security services for the purposes of Clause 2.1 above for and on behalf of Hotel Maya
- Any referee whose details are provided by you, to verify or obtain additional information including education institutions, current/previous employers
3.3 Each of the above parties, other than Regulators and your referees, are similarly bound by a duty of confidentiality to Hotel Maya in respect of all information disclosed to them.
3.4 Hotel Maya uses and discloses aggregated non-personally identifying information collected through this Website as part of Hotel Maya's process of constantly improving this Website and/or Hotel Maya's business.
4.1 We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, misuse and to maintain data integrity.
5. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF THE PERSONAL DATA
5.1 Your personal data shall be stored either in hard copies in Hotel Maya's offices or stored in servers located in Malaysia and operated by Hotel Maya or its service providers.
5.2 Any personal data supplied by you will be retained by Hotel Maya as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated in clause 2.1 or is required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements or to protect Hotel Maya's interests.
5.3 Hotel Maya does not offer any online facilities for you to delete your personal data held by Hotel Maya. Any request for correction or deletion of your personal data may be made in accordance with Clause 8 below.
5.4 Hotel Maya takes reasonable steps to protect your personal data from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
6. COMMUNICATION OR UTILIZATION DATA
6.1 Through your use of telecommunications services to access this Website, your communications data (e.g. Internet protocol address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to personal data.
6.2 To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the applicable data privacy protection legal framework.
7.2 Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to this Website, or any part of the this Website by visitors will be deemed voluntarily provided to Hotel Maya on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
7.3 Hotel Maya reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely as set out in clause 3.2 above.
8. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
8.1 Under the Act, you have the right of access to your personal data held by Hotel Maya on payment of a prescribed fee and to request correction of the personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
Head of Marketing Department
Hotel Maya Kuala Lumpur
138, Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : +603 2711 8866
Fax : +603 2711 9966
8.3 Hotel Maya reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
9.1 in the event of any inconsistency between the English version and Bahasa Malaysia version of this policy, the terms of this English version shall prevail.